• To keep your data safe and private
• Your data will never be passed to a 3rd party without your consent
• To make it easy for you to manage your data at any time
Simply Funeral Plans is a trading name of Over50choices Ltd and for these purposes is the Data Controller.
1. What information do we collect about you?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (which may include information about your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and page views);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of receiving our newsletters, updates and emails
- information that you provide when completing an enquiry form (including your personal information, postcode, phone number and details relating to your requirements);
- information that you provide when entering a prize competition on the website
- Some Cookies are much more sophisticated, for example they can record how long you stay on certain pages, what you click on in those pages and even your preferences for page layouts. The benefits of Cookies are many; they really make your interaction with websites much easier. For example, they remember details when you are shopping online making this experience much easier for the user.
- We also use Google analytics on our Site which measures how many users and customers we have on the website and which pages they visit. We use this information to understand how our Site is performing and many large websites use similar analytics from companies like Google.
- We use a company called Hotjar to track how visitors use our site which helps us improve the site's performance and our users' experience.
Most browsers (like Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer) allow you to disable cookies, although doing so is likely to have a negative impact on the usability of any website you then visit.
You can view most of the cookies currently on your browser, and choose to opt out of them via www.aboutads.info/choices/.
3. How we use your personal information
Newsletter sign up
If you sign up to receive our newsletters, we will use your personal information to send you the newsletter and also the facility to stop and opt-out at anytime, in addition if you are on our database you can opt-out by clicking here.
When you make an enquiry using a contact form, we believe that you will benefit from relevant information contained in our Newsletter that is sent no more than once a month and will save your email address safely for this purpose only. However, if you wish to opt-out of this you can click here if you haven't already done so.
Information you enter into an enquiry form may be shared with a third party in order for us to be able to provide you with information about the products and/or services you requested. This may include introducing you to a broker who will either contact you direct to discuss your requirements or arrange for a qualified advisor to do so on their behalf. All companies will be named before providing your details and we only work with are FCA regulated companies where relevant.
These providers are as follows:
Dignity Pre Arrangement Funerals Ltd: when you complete an enquiry form for prepaid funeral plans, your contact information will be passed to Dignity who will contact you directly. You may also apply online using the "Apply online" facility - this is provided by Dignity and as such you are providing your data directly to Dignity.
As we have introduced you to Dignity, they will share limited information about you with us prevent duplicate communications, and for our own business processes.
Golden Leaves: when you complete an enquiry form for European funeral plans, your contact information will be passed to Golden Leaves who will contact you directly
As we have introduced you to Golden Leaves, they will share limited information about you with us to prevent duplicate communications, and for our own business processes.
If you purchase a product using our service we may use your email & name to invite you to provide a review using the Trustpilot platform.
4. Where do we store your personal data?
When you complete a contact enquiry form, your data is held on our secure servers in the UK and also in the USA specifically for our Newsletter production, using a company called MailChimp. They will store only your email address securely on their database. MailChimp are also used by many other companies in the UK for sending out email newsletters. The GDPR contains provisions that address the transfer of personal data from EU member states to third-party countries, such as the United States.
The GDPR requires that certain conditions be met before personal data is transferred outside the EU, identifying a number of different legal grounds that organisations can rely on to perform cross-border data transfers. One legal ground for transferring personal data set out in the GDPR is an “adequacy decision.” An adequacy decision is a decision by the European Commission that an adequate level of protection exists for the personal data in the country, territory, or organisation where it is being transferred.
The Privacy Shield framework constitutes one such example of an adequacy decision. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance to the Privacy Shield framework, and they are committed to treating all personal data received from EU member countries in accordance with the Privacy Shield framework’s applicable principles.
We may also invite you to give us a review through the Trustpilot service; we will provide your name and email address should you be selected - this database is held in USA
5. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Our servers are protected by a firewall. In addition, all pages on the website relating to your personal information will be protected using SSL technology
Please note that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
6. Who do we share your information with and why do we do this?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
(a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
(b) if Over50choices Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
7. How can you change, update or delete your personal information?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by opting-out on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by clicking here.
8. Policy amendments
9. Your Rights
We have listed below the rights you have over your information and how you can use them.
These rights will only apply in certain circumstances. They will generally not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
- Access: You are entitled to ask us if we are processing your information and, if we are, you can request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correction: You are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you is corrected.
- Erasure: You are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal information in certain circumstances, or You have a right to be forgotten and you can ask that our systems stop using your information.
- Restriction: You are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Transfer: You may request the transfer of certain of your personal information to another party.
- Objection: Where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you may object to processing on this ground. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on our legitimate interests.
- In addition, you have the right to object at any time to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Consent: Where our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Complaint: You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of the European Union where you are habitually resident, or where an alleged infringement of Data Protection law has taken place. In the UK you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office or at www.ico.org.uk
The data controller in respect of personal information submitted to our website is Over50choices Ltd.
Simply Funeral Plans
Over50choices Ltd are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998: Registration No. Z3562534.